1520, Mantua – 1582, Mantua
Engraver and draftsman. He probably studied at Giovanni Battista Scultori in Mantua. His early works were based on paintings of Giulio Romano. In 1536–1549, he worked in Rome for the publisher Antonio Lafreri. His major engraving from Michelangelo's fresco "The Last Judgment" belongs to the same period. In 1549 (1550) he moved to Antwerp, where until 1555 he worked for the largest publisher in northern Europe, Hieronymus Cock. In 1551 he was accepted to the Guild of Saint Luke. From the second half of the 1550s - in France, where he made engravings based on paintigs of F. Primaticcio and L. Penni. In the late 1560s he returned to Mantua. In the last years of his life he was the custodian of valuables and caretaker of the wardrobe at the court of the Dukes of Mantua Gonzaga.
He also worked in the technique of damascening : two items of his work survived - the ceremonial shield (1554) and the handle of the sword (1570).