Engraving on steel. 127 × 190.
At the bottom of the image: Aus d [er] Kunstanst [alt] d [es] Bibliogr [aphischen] Institut [uts] in Hildb [urg] h [ausen], in the upper right corner: CLXIV.
Inv. G 8.
From edition: Meyer, Joseph. Meyer’s Universum. Abbildung und Beschreibung des Sehenswerthesten und Merkwürdigsten der Natur und Kunst auf der ganzen Erde. — Hildburghausen: Bibliographisches Institut, 1837. — Bd. 4.
The publishing house «Bibliographic Institute» (Germ. Bibliographisches Institut) was founded by Joseph Meyer in Gotha in 1826. In 1828 the publishing house was transferred to Hildburghausen (Germany, the land of Thuringia). "The Bibliographic Institute" from the very beginning became widely known thanks to new methods of subscribing to books and publishing issues. The publishing house printed collections of German, Greek and Roman classics, books on historical and natural sciences, maps, engravings and much more.