Odesa, lithographic workshop of P. Franzow and L. Nitche.
15 sheets; 190 x 250.
Inv. G 2.
Album in the owner's dark green leather binding of the mid-nineteenth century. The upper cover has a gold-embossed floral ornament with an inscription in the centre: Album. The leaf sections are gilt. Inscriptions on the flyleaf: E. M. Petrocokino (mid-nineteenth century); От Екатерины Корнелиевны Петрококино. 24/XII 1923 г.
The album comes from the family of a nineteenth-century Greek merchant in Odesa, collector Yevstratii Mykhailovych Petrokokino (1842-1904). After his death, the collection of paintings and drawings passed to his wife, the artist Kateryna Korneliivna Petrokokino, born Bodarevska (1857-1939). In 1925, K. K. Petrokokino emigrated to France. In 1923, she donated an album of lithographies by F. Gross to Odesa City Public Library (now Odesa National Scientific Library).
Tone lithography. 100 х 188.
In the lower left corner of the image: F. Gross; below the image, left: Imp. et Lith. de Franzow & Nitsche; in the centre: Odessa. Place du Théâtre.